Because this website is often updated with new information, photos and items added to existing posts, I realized that it may be useful to have a ‘signpost’ alerting readers to where such newly-added content is located. Hence this new page showing “what’s new in the Cybis Archive”… and my apologies for not thinking of this much sooner!
This page will be updated on a monthly basis. Links to cited posts (or to the post in which a cited sculpture appears) will open in a new tab.
A link to this what’s-new page appears above the website header and also (on desktop/laptop displays) in the right sidebar under “Pages.” On mobile displays that section is usually located below the links to the last four recent Archive posts.
Links to the last four new posts will continue to be displayed below the most current post in the Archive. And so, without further ado:
New content added to existing Cybis Archive posts
- Two artisan names were added to the Honor Roll.
- The name of the company that produced the Cybis short films was discovered.
- Additional pictures of the Knight in Shining Armor were added, as well as edition information.
- Information about the very first Cybis mermaid is now in All at Sea.
- A newfound Baby Lamb joined the Menagerie.
- An unusual red-haired, alternate-colorway Rapunzel was discovered.
- The discovery of a 1963 price list resulted in a number of updates to prices and production years, especially for the Religious figures, and an updated Publications post as well.
- We have three more instances of Body Snatching.
- A new Hippo variant is now in the Menagerie.
- A second example of the Mandolinist joined the papka Angelic Orchestra.
- Added 1989 and 1990 issue years and/or issue prices to 14 sculptures in various categories.
- Two new items were added to Body Snatching.
- A color photo of the male Carolina Paroquet was discovered.
- Another new item was added to Cybis Publications.
- Some non-eBay suggestions for Selling Your Cybis are now included.
- Several new items were added to the Cybis Publications post.
- A photo of the Nixon Library & Museum’s artist proof Chess Set was added.
- Newfound details about Cinderella, Belle of the Ball were learned.
- Another Columbia title was added to the ever-(but slowly)growing list.
- A new example of “body snatching” was added.
- The Madonna with Bird was discovered to be a Holland Mold Company design; several posts were updated to reflect this information.
- A small vermeil Cybis phoenix brooch was added to Cybis Display Signs.
- The site was upgraded to remove all advertising.
- A photo of an original Boleslaw Cybis conte drawing (not a lithograph) was added to the Folio One post.
- Two additional instances of Body Snatching were discovered.
- A photo of the actual chess set brought by President Nixon to Russia, complete with case, was added to the Chess Set post.
- An excellent photo of The Stable was added to the 1980s Nativity Set post.
- It was discovered that a small 1950s angel was originally one of a boy/girl pair of commercial molds; a photo of the commercially available set was added to the Angels post.
- An unusual Mr. Snowball was discovered.
- An historical anecdote about the Burro ‘Fitzgerald’ was added to his description.
- A special one of a kind Abigail Adams is described.
- The list of Gifts of State sculptures brought by President Gerald Ford on his 1975 European tour has been expanded.
- A fine example of a 1950s Egg Box was added to the Decorative Eggs post and also cited in Giftware.
- Photos of an additional full-color Saint Francis with Doves and Lambs were added.
- A new item was added to the Hall of Shame.
- The Holiday Children post received its final revision and updating, including a new photo of one of the later issues.
- The acquisition of three 1990s price lists resulted in the addition of Cybis retail price information and introduction/retirement dates to almost 200 sculptures throughout the site. Posts containing especially large numbers of updated items include the bunnies, the 1980s nativity set, the angels, the later madonnas, and the Hall of Fame series as a group.
- Images of, and details about, those three 1990s price lists were added to the Publications post at the end of October.
- Extensive updating of edition information, including one newfound design, was also done to the Classical Impressions post.
Images of Cybis porcelain sculptures are provided for informational and educational purposes only. All photographs are copyrighted by their owner as indicated via watermark. Images bearing a Cybis watermark appear here by kind permission of Cybis, Inc. for use solely as reference material herein. Please see the copyright notice in the footer and sidebar for important information regarding the text that appears within this website.